All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Last.fm - Task Five
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:52 am 
Montster Fan

Task Five - Events

This task is an on-going one but we can all start now. As Monte does more gigs (and when he's touring) it'll be important to remember to update the site. It's not a lot of work, but just something to remember to do - we can obviously all remind each other via twitter or on here or on facebook or LJ or wherever else everyone hangs out online...

Last.fm allows us to list events for artists. You can see it by logging into the website (this isn't available from your desktop scrobbler). Go to Monte's page and look for "Events" on the menu on the left-hand-side of the screen:

As you can see, this lists the some of the gigs that Monte has played at and an upcoming gig too. If you don’t see an event listed, you can add it yourself – particularly past events that you might want to write a review for, or post your videos/photos (just click on the “add a new event for this artist” button and follow the prompts.).

This is a really nifty feature. When you click on an Event, you get to see a lot more detail:

You can see when & where, who else is playing (if anyone is), a link to the venue website, a map…

THINGS TO DO:

Mark that you will be/did attend or are interested.
(Go back and say you attended any past shows that you haven’t marked before!)

Write a review! (top right-hand corner of the page). This will be stored in your own Journal page on Last.fm, but because it relates to Monte, it will show up on the reviews on Monte’s Event page.

Photos on flickr.com can be linked to with a specially generated tag – so anyone who comes to the page can click on “Photos” at the bottom of the page and see your pics.

But the BEST PART OF THIS FEATURE IS that anyone can browse events in their area and see who is playing! You can search by location, venue, artist…

Venue:

This means a lot more people will be able to find Monte’s gigs! And they can click on the event & then find Monte’s profile, his albums, his reviews, his pictures, his vids… You get the idea :-)

ETA: The AWESOME Kirabella has added all of Monte's previous shows to Last.fm HERE.
If you've been to see Monte in the past, then please go and mark that you attended & if you have time, write a review or upload your pics!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Last.fm - Task Five
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:46 pm 
Montster Fan

just added the two Texas ones! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:32 pm 
Montster Fan

\0/ Brilliant, thanks \0/

Kirabella wrote:
just added the two Texas ones! :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:46 pm 
Montster Fan

most welcome! I also wrote a review for the Ray's Golden Lion gig I was at. If you can point me to a list of former gigs of Monte's (I know he had quite a few more than are listed) I'd be happy to add them and link them here for people who would like to add reviews etc. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 am 
Montster Fan

Hi SweetKirabella!

For a list of past shows, look under "Tour" on the website. Off to the right is a link for "Past Shows."

http://montepittman.com/tour/past-shows/

Thanks for doing this!

Lisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 am 
Montster Fan

LCMediaLLC wrote:
Hi SweetKirabella!

For a list of past shows, look under "Tour" on the website. Off to the right is a link for "Past Shows."

http://montepittman.com/tour/past-shows/

Thanks for doing this!

Lisa

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for the link, sorry you had to send it to me in two different places, and thanks for doing so.

All shows should be up on Last Fm now!

And its no problem! You guys do so much for us!